Thursday, July 8, 2010

talk to type testing

in this particular blog post, I am attempting to write the entire thing without using my keyboard whatsoever. I just downloaded the new voice recognition program to see how well it would function. So far I am very impressed with what it can do. I believe long ago that this technology was abandoned because of its limitations and no one ever figured out how to properly use the technology.

I can say simple things as telling it to put in. Or,. As you can tell from that last sentence particular punctuation marks when you try to say them aloud puts the actual punctuation mark on the text, instead of actually spelling out the words. So, if I plan to use this program in the future for any potential writing, I will have to end up doing some editingbut overall this is then very easy to type"

It also does really neat things like moving to the next block of words that I cannot say because it will obviously do as it is told. I'll be using this program in the future to see how well this will help my writing. However, I can tell already that I am a lot more articulate well typing than I am while talking.

Thanks for reading this test blog post. It's been very interesting and I look forward to using it again in the future, albeit with some editing.

No comments:

Post a Comment