Saturday, October 31, 2009

Hallowdread

Well, tomorrow is that special night. Where the women dress like whores and the men...who really fucking cares about the men? I miss really celebrating Halloween. And, not in the kid, going door to door for candy celebrating. The, going to a party, getting smashed off my ass and really wondering if that girl's boobs are real kind of celebration.

Tomorrow for me will consist of me getting up early so I can take a nap early, then waking up and going to work earlier than I planned. I will come home, probably have a beer or two and just waste my life away on the computer as I usually do. I mean, it really isn't that bad. I enjoy my time online and on my computer. Sometimes I just wish I was a bit more social.

That takes me back to something someone once said about my gaming habits. He roughly asked if spending all my time in front of a screen was fulfilling. Asked why I didn't go out into the world and try and experience things. I didn't have an answer for him then. But, I have got one now.

Sure, going out and traveling and seeing the world is great. I'm sure it's very rewarding and you have great memories for the rest of your life. But, my experience with gaming and the online culture itself is also a manner of traveling. I get to read, or watch wonderful stories that some don't get the chance to see. My games take me to far off fantasy realms where anything can happen. My internet life has allowed me to meet some of the most incredibly people in my life.

It all boils down to what makes you happy. And, my sedentary life is a pretty good one. Aside from my shitty home life, I am actually pretty happy with how I spend my free time. For some people, going out and seeing everything makes them happy. I've never much cared for travel, so sitting home with a good book or game or conversation, is just as rewarding to me as the other things would be to someone else.

Don't judge people by how they spend their time. As long as they are doing something they enjoy, you have no right to. Go and do your thing and leave us alone.

1 comment:

  1. I vote do both. I looooove travel - but obviously I do gaming a helluva lot more.

    ReplyDelete